Routine home maintenance tasks are important for homeowners to keep their homes in good condition. Here are some common tasks that you may want to consider in your new Casa Grande home.
1. Regularly clean and replace air filters in your HVAC system to ensure proper airflow and efficiency. A healthy, maintained HVAC lasts longer, is more efficient, and is less likely to break down when you need it the most. Most HVAC companies recommend having the unit checked 1-2 times a year.
2. Check and replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors semi-annually.
3. Test and maintain your home’s security system, if you have one. Including door and window sensors, motion detectors, and surveillance cameras.
4. Inspect and clean your dryer vent to prevent lint buildup and reduce the risk of fire. Cleaning the vent once a year will help the dryer last longer as well.
5. Check for any leaks or drips in plumbing fixtures and repair them promptly. Having a plumbing inspection done once a year can also bring maintenance issues to light so that they can be addressed before they become an expensive problem to fix.
6. Trim trees and shrubs near your home to prevent damage from falling branches and to maintain a neat appearance. This will also keep you on good terms with any HOA or city policies you may have to abide by.
7. Clean and maintain your home’s exterior, including stucco, windows, and doors.
8. Have your chimney and fireplace inspected and cleaned if you have one.
9. Regularly check and replace weatherstripping around doors and windows to improve energy efficiency.
Regular maintenance can keep your Casa Grande home looking and feeling new for years to come.
This is just a general list, and the specific tasks may vary depending on your home’s features and maintenance needs. It’s always a good idea to refer to your home’s owner’s manual for specific maintenance requirements.